- This event has passed.
We have been using a text which was written both by the Union for Reform Judaism and the Islamic Society of North America. It is called “The Children of Abraham.” The link below will enable you to access the document. In our session this month, we will be discussing Lesson 6: Unity and Diversity within the Community. The following questions will be explored:
- Do you feel a part of a Universal Muslim community (Ummah) or Jewish Community ( K’al Israel) ? Does the current political climate influence your decision?
- Does it matter that your religion constitutes about 2% of the US population?
- As a Muslim or a Jew can you live in a minority status, or do you have to always live in a majority status?
- Is cultural assimilation a good thing or a bad thing? Why?
- As a minority how far can we go to please the majority?
- What are some examples of diversity within your religion?
- How have we failed to live uo to the ideals of unity in diversity?
Please click the photo below to download the handbook, and make sure to call the Temple office at (330) 665-2000 and let the receptionist know that you are coming.